We value your custom and respect your privacy, both legal and ethically. we will never share your information or details with anyone unless required to do so by law. We will always endeavour to notify you before we are compelled to share any data we hold.
When you interact with our site(s), we collect two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (NPII). The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”). Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
We may need to ask users to give us contact information including name, e-mail address, and other optional communication preferences such as topics of interest, products of interest, birth date and gender.
Our Use of Data
- Provide products and services
- Send requested product or service information
- Send marketing communications through subscribed channels about news, products, offers and events
- Send you emails, chats, or push notifications to otherwise respond to questions, concerns and customer support inquiries
- Enable us to process orders for products and services
- Send email confirmations, receipts and other transactional emails related to orders
- Provide you with continuing access to your customer account on our websites, including your order history and access to digital products, event passes and subscription services
- Administer membership records
- Contact you (where necessary) in relation to orders
- Maintain our own accounts and records
- Create demographic automatic decision-making profiles for our subscribers, members, and visitors to target our email alerts, website marketing, push notifications, banners, special offers
- Personalize your experience using automated decision-making for products, services, personalised content, recommendations, and features
- Improve the services we offer you, or the functionality of our site(s) and ensure technical functionality
- Process your payment or prevent or detect fraud
Legal basis for processing your personal data
Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) states that:
- “Processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Point (f) of the first subparagraph shall not apply to processing carried out by public authorities in the performance of their tasks.”
Availability of Website
The user recognises that the traffic of data through the Internet may cause delays during the download of information from the Website and accordingly, it shall not hold My Home Education Hub liable for delays that are ordinary in the course of Internet use. The user further acknowledges and accepts that myhomeedhub.com may not be available on a continual twenty-four hour basis due to such delays, or delays caused by My Home Education Hub upgrading, modification, or standard maintenance of myhomeedhub.com.
As the product/s we provide are digital, no refunds are available. Paying for a membership confers access to our membership site to the purchaser for the period specified in the type of membership purchased.
If you wish to cancel your membership, you must do so prior to the renewal date for your membership. If/when you do cancel your membership, you will retain access to the membership area until the expiry date of your membership. You are free to leave the site before then.